Sunday, September 21, 2014

Recipes, recipes, recipes

The thing about being foodies is that you tend to acquire a large number of recipes.  At one time I organised all my recipes into a folder and had favourites in a recipe box that sat in the kitchen.  For some time I have been thinking that the system needs an overall.  I plan my weekday meals for two weeks and while I have a good list it just isn't working and I tend to fall back on what is easy.  With so many yummy things to make it was time for a change.

Sometimes you just have to get messy in order to tidy things up.  So here is me spread out on the floor sorting all my pages.
 Once I had the recipes in different categories I pulled out folders that had another purpose at one time but were going to be repurposed for a much better reason. Sure it would be great to have a fancy system and have everything looking the same but I would rather be cooking.  {To be honest I would rather be scrapbooking.  This is really why I get organised - to sort the things I have to do in order to do the things I was made to}
 So now I have several folders sitting on the recipe book shelf and they have already been put to good use.  Last time the meal planning and shopping were much more enjoyable to plan. And more to the point we tried out several recipes that haven't seen the light for quite some time.  The boys were most impressed.
They are still a work in progress as I add recipes that we use and don't have hard copies of.  And of course the big goal is to put together my collection here on the blog.  To share now, and for the future when my boys are flatting and need that recipe of Mum's that she used to make.

How about you?  Are you tired of the same old, same old?  How have you sorted your recipes.  Maybe it is time for a change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...