Sunday, April 22, 2012
Since having children I have had many differing requests for apple presentation before it will be eaten. On the go we eat them whole but, some like them peeled, some have it sliced. After having a go with a friends peeler/corer/slicer we have been looking out for one ever since. So much fun. The boys can do it themselves and they eat the whole thing.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
With the change of season comes a change of wardrobe. I had my clothes sorted into summer and winter collections. After a night out where I needed to get dressed up and being frustrated with sorting through to find my casual clothes I decided it was time for a change. So I now have my wardrobe sorted into casual and dressy. Having just started at Pinterest I came across Polyvore. A great site where you can create outfits from their 'wardrobe'. Great to get ideas for different ways of wearing things and putting together ideas from your own wardrobe. here Looking forward to trying more.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
My word for this year. Define..
[dih-fahyn] Show IPA verb -fined, -fin·ing.
verb (used with object)
1. to state or set forth the meaning of (a word, phrase, etc.): They disagreed on how to define “liberal.”
2. to explain or identify the nature or essential qualities of; describe: to define judicial functions.
3. to fix or lay down definitely; specify distinctly: to define one's responsibilities.
4. to determine or fix the boundaries or extent of: to define property with stakes.
5. to make clear the outline or form of: The roof was boldly defined against the sky.
There are so many things going around in my head about who I am and what I want to be doing. I want this year to be about defining me.
I first came across the idea of a word of the year through Ali Edwards blog. You can read about it here. I love the concept and how it has shaped my past two years. I am looking forward to where it will take me.